Tuesday, May 31, 2011

A Penchant For Something Different: Weird Music: Part 2

Ok, more weird music that are unconventional to the typical mainstream music fan's ears that I want more people to enjoy! Most of the post below are tracks I just found or I just got hold of their albums.



Music: Imagine Black Sabbath got stuck into a hardcore punk mosh pit, then some psychedelia dude jumps in the fun, shreds the fuck out of everyone and had the sludge come pouring in with a dish dash of rock and roll. This is what you get.

Bonus Points: Did I mention that this band has two drummers, triple vocal attacks? The drummers playing contrasting beat at times, and the sound is enhanced by listening it on headphones. One drum, plays on the left speaker and the other on the right, giving it a thick contrasting feel.



Music: If Converge claimed that they're hardcore kids with leftover Slayer riffs, I proclaim Kvelertak as hardcore kids w/ left over Black Metal-tremolo riffs.

Bonus Points: It's not only that, they're an amalgam of all the good punk rock bands that you've listened in skate videos all melted down in a brew of black metal, good ol' American Southern Rock, bluesy solos and The White Stripes/The Hives-esque modern rock and roll.


Ok, I need to keep this short as I'm celebrating Gawai here in Malaysia but I hope more people would enjoy this kind of music. Will update more later tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment