Saturday, January 7, 2012

Singaporean Army


I always keep a close eye on the military forces near my country. I've always observed Singaporeans due the sophistication of their army. At one point, I even read their army's newsletter to see for new photos of their military. One thing that interest me the most about their current army is their digital woodland camo. They're probably the 1st South East Asian army to use the camo. I've been meaning to get a pair for myself for quite some time. I saw it at a bundle near my place not so long ago. Here are few very recent photos of them, taken this Saturday by Cyberpioneer.com
















Singapore Army Recruits from Taurus and Falcon Companies undergoing their Basic Military Training – 6th January 2012


Photos: Cyberpioneer








Singapore Army Recruits from Kestrel Company undergoing basic field craft training during their Basic Military Training – 6th January 2012

Photos: Cyberpioneer
Thanks to VOR033 of MP.net for compiling the photos above.


The digicam used by the Singaporeans now is the 3rd evolution of their uniform. It blends in much more better compared to their older uniform which was similar to the US Army Woodland BDU. Another thing I like about the Singaporean Army is that they are using their own rifles, the SAR21. Done with a bullpup design, it uses the 5.56mm round, similar to the ones used by M16/M4s. Too bad it isn't a 7.62 rifle. Below is a photo of the evolution of their uniform and a video on SAR21.



Photo from Singaporean MINDEF





5 comments:

  1. lama aku tak tengok blog ngko ni....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha. Lama tak post sebab tahun lepas ada jadi pemalas sikit. Nowadays nak berazam jadi rajin balik tpi otak kering tak ada idea hari ni.

    ReplyDelete
  3. helo..
    erk...pakai spek mata pn leh jd army gak ke kt sna?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Boleh, sebab diorang majority jadi reservist. Kat sini pun reservist byk pakai spec.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is by far the best jungle camo I've ever seen. Do you know where I can buy it?

    ReplyDelete