Sunday, April 12, 2009

Swim, swim, swim

Went swimming with good friend Aderyn the other day @ Samarahan public swimming pool. Best of all not many people were there and it wasn't too crowded. Back when I used to swim in Tabuan, the pools were packed as hell. I think so the government should set up more public swimming pools for the use of the public then I water freaks like me could enjoy ourselves more.

Man, seriously, I could stay in the water for hours and get bored. I prefer swimming in rivers though but pools are fun too. The most common place for me to go for swimming is @ Sg.Rayu. 

Talking about swimming, there's something I would like to share. Back when I was in Primary School, me and my friends Julius and Raphael used to explore Matang Jaya and the forest surrounding it. There was this stream at the back of Matang Jaya which was deep enough for us to dip and relax there. The last time we went there was in Form 2. No one ever disturbed that spot. It was our spot, now the river is dirty due to the construction nearby. Yeah, developments have to come but that stream has a lot of memories stuck with us. Haha, we "camped" there but we never slept near that river. Man, I wish I could go back to those days. Not many people knew about that place. We even tried our best to cover up the tracks.

There was a track leading to the Jungle which some old folks made but one day we decided to go off course and found our stream. Haha I wish I could be back there again enjoying myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment