Friday, May 22, 2009

To go or not to go?

Dilemma, dilemma bla3, choices, choices,


So my friend who was in the same company as me (Delta, Awie was in the same barracks as me) came and visited me in the afternoon. It was a long time since I met him. The last time I met him was probably before I went to UiTM. I wasn't even a Kesatria Commander at that time. Currently he's a Sergeant in the Police Cadets. So if I follow my old Police Cadet hierachy, he was my superior. Anyway, back to the story. He suggested that one day we should visit our old National Service Camp, Kem Putra Sentosa. I said okay and he told me to bring another company-mate of mine, Corporaal Saiful (The rank is from Police Cadets Corps too, not NS). He suggested that we should go there on the 30th and meet our old instructors.

I kind of miss the camp, there was a lot memories from there. I missed Sergeant Major Kamson's (RAMD) jokes. He's really funny. I could never forget how our Discipline Officer would punish us (1st Warrant Officer Isa). Man I sort of miss the days but I really hate the uniform. My Company Instructor (Ex-Ranger), En. Wahid was a great guy. Then again, there are some memories that I would not like to remember from there. I mean, the bad stuff did not actually happen in camp but it happened during the period I was in camp. A schoolmate of mine passed awat in that period, I quarreled with some people I loved and some people in camp did not like me because I had a rank there. So what? If you're jealous then it's up to you, I got it and you didn't face it.



M-16 rifles from camp

Another thing that is bugging me is that recently I received a letter from the Maritime Enforcement Agency (Malaysian version of Coast Guards) for an interview on the 26th. The interview though is not for an officer intake but it's for enlisted men (recruits). I was thinking of going just to see wheter I can make through the physical test but my Dad said I will be wasting my time there. I was thinking of joining as a recruit and take a semester leave from my studies. I finish basic training then I finish my studies. From there I could go for the rank of Maritime Lieutenant or I finish my diploma first and join basic training for the same rank. I'm not so sure if it was possible to do something like that. I know an Army guy doing something similar but at the same time he's a PALAPES instructor. He's Captain though if anyone is wondering what's his rank.

So should I do for the interview or don't. I'm scared I might regret joining service too early. I'm not so sure can I even continue my Kesatria activities if I follow this. Would I be stripped off from my rank and be barred to join Kesatria? Then again if I'm allowed to join I don't think so I will have the time as might have to go for trainings on weekends if what I predict about MMEA was right.



My squad, Batch 17

3 comments:

  1. wow interesting..
    i think you should go! =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. tq.. ada ku cuti.. 29 mei tok stat.. 3 minggu giya lah. aku dah jadi urang sentral sarawak bah nektok.. hahaha...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice... the collection of M-16s O.O

    ReplyDelete