Thursday, June 19, 2008

Whitechapel releases video for "This Is Exile"

Yep, you read that title right. Deathcore band Whitechapel recently released a single called "This Is Exile" and a video has been released for the single. (Why do I love repeating myself??) View the video below.

Whitechapel "This Is Exile"


What do I think about the video/song?

Video: For some reason (I don't know why), the video reminds me of Goatwhore's Alchemy. Probably because of the factory looks thing. Everything green and that's my favorite color! There are some hilarious stuff in the video I would love to share. During the last breakdown, the whole band headbangs in synch with the music. You might think there's nothing hilarious when you read this but why the fuck are they squating and getting up in synch with the breakdown. I mean, that's freaking obnoxious. Why can't they just headbang in synch, just like what Amon Amarth did in Runes To My Memory? I hope they won't repeat the same mistake in their next video.

Music: Now let's get into the important part and what everybody cares about. The music. The vocals, they are in death metal fashion and done properly. Quite amazing vocals imo, deep guttural vocals, reminding me of Behemoth and no, not at exaggeration. The drumming is at top class and closer to a death metal sound. However, the composition which has breakdown as it's main arsenal, takes a lot of points away. The extended breakdowns makes the track extremely boring towards the end. They should add guitar solos/shreds. Such composition makes me less anticipated for their upcoming album. Too bad for them. I have to say, this is something for people who think Job For A Cowboy are Gods. I hope Whitechapel can improve further. There are already good riffs everywhere but please, don't make your breakdown too long. You are making deathcore, not Hatebreed styled Hardcore. Wait, Deathcore is about the breakdown. Okay, at least make your extended breakdown interesting!

No comments:

Post a Comment